Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hamster Wants to Die...

So today one of my players came to me begging me to kill his character. This was a bit of a shock to me because this was the player's first and beloved character. He spent a respectable amount of time writing a back story with plot hooks that not only tied him to a few of his fellow Circle mates from the beginning but also created an entire organization and alternate plot line in the South. All of this story effort will be lost if I decide to cooperate with my player. Ive started to plan a spectacular death sequence in which, the Solar, dies valiantly defending the circle and reconciling with the target of his undying hate. However, I still don't want to kill him. The player wants a restart and I understand but im worried that if I give it to him every player will just want to move on when they get bored of a character concept instead of giving the characters and storyline their due diligence. I don't want my plot to be disrupted merely because of player boredom. I do however want my players to have a degree of flexibility since most of them are new to Exalted and don't yet know all the possibilities of story and mechanics. Im a bit vexed at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment